This dish can be served as a first course, a side dish, a brunch item or a light lunch.
I recently became acquainted with gorgonzola dolce which is a milder and softer variety of traditional gorgonzola. I love it in a cheese course, but I’m also enjoying finding ways to incorporate it in other dishes.
- small eggplant sliced lengthwise on mandolin
- pencil thin asparagus
- gorgonzola dolce warmed
- grated parmesan
- black pepper
- olive oil
- dry seasonings
- panko crumbs
- Slice eggplant and coat in olive oil and minced garlic.
- Sprinkle dry seasonings.
- Coat one side with gorgonzola and other side with panko.
- Layer basil and asparagus.
- Fold and wrap with full piece of speck.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and bake at 350 till tender (about 30 minutes).