A Few Words on FOODalogue’s 5th Anniversary

August 8, 2013 by Joan Nova in Blogging | 35 Comments

Welcome to my world.

Five years ago I pushed the ‘publish’ key for the first time and FOODalogue went live. And, like any newborn, it needed lots of nourishment, love and attention.

But, today, it’s more like seeing a child off to the first day of school. I can’t help but reflect on how fast the time passed and how much my baby “FOODalogue” (and I) have grown.

Five years ago, I never anticipated it would last this long, or I’d learn so much, or I’d be so ‘plugged in’.

I didn’t know how many doors would open that would lead to new opportunities.

And, best of all, I didn’t know I’d make so many real friends and that it would be this satisfying, but it is!

A BIG “thank you” to those who take the time to stop by here and leave a word of encouragement now and then, to those who interact with me on other social media sites and to those of you who share this passion and, in turn, snippets of your lives. Your words, photos and gestures have added richly to my world. Hugs across the internet! I  all of you!

________________

Congratulations on 5 wonderful years Joan. I hope in another 5 years your passion and talents continue to shine.

2. cinzia says:

Congratulations, Joan, you are wonderFood!!! :-)
    Follow your star and enjoy so many Foodalogue years to come!

Congratulations on 5 years Joan, and thank you for sharing your wonderful creations with us!

The 1st Foodbuzz Festival seems like a long time ago…who could have imagined we’d be here today?
    Thank you for your friendship and inspiration over these years.
    Lori Lynn recently posted..cold soba noodles with eggplant and mangoMy Profile

4. Good Job Joan!! Congrats..It is so great when you follow your passion

5. Felicidades Amiga! Here’s to 55 More!
    Jorge Fernandez recently posted..Just Sold! 2259 Tequesta Lane in Coconut GroveMy Profile

6. Eleanor Hoh says:

Congratulations Joan! I think you’re a fabulous writer and photographer. You hit it on the head with your philosophy of cooking, I share it totally!
    Eleanor Hoh recently posted..August EventsMy Profile

7. A big congrats on 5 wonderful years of delicious recipes and blogging!
    Evelyne@cheapethniceatz recently posted..Baked Peaches and Crème BrûléeMy Profile

8. Congratulations on five years. I’m so pleased I’m one of the ones that has gotten to know you. I’m coming up on five in the fall and I think I’ve known your blog almost from the beginning.

Looking forward to the next five. Cheers!
    Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen recently posted..Spicy Black Bean, Corn and Shrimp Salad – a simple supper, ready in under 30 minutesMy Profile

9. and we became friends….

Congratulations on 5!
    South Florida Food and Wine recently posted..South Florida Weekend Getaway to Hutchinson Island and Singer IslandMy Profile

10. Vicki Fillet says:

Congratulations Joan!
    Those of us who read Foodalogue know how much love and attention goes into each blog and we are grateful to be the recipients of such delicious food presented in perfect fashion.
    Thank you for including us!
    Vicki

11. Norma - Platanos, Mangoes and Me! says:

Well amiga as you learn I learn from you. Congrats on your 5th and thank you for being my mentor, but most of all my dearest friend….many more years!

12. Dorothy says:

Your passion for doing what you love comes through in your creative food, photographs, blogs. 5 years – wow. Congratulations! This calls for a happy hour or two.

13. Congratulations Joan. 5 years ago the internet was a less interesting and vibrant place without you around. Sorry I haven’t commented for a while but I always read every, energetic, lively and inspiring post. Here’s to the next 5…

• Joan Nova says:

Thank you Sally. I know every post isn’t for everyone and perhaps, after a while, you run out of things to say but it’s good to know you’re out there. You’re one of the people that I marvel at because we developed a relationship early on and across so many miles.

14. Congratulations, Joan. You do such a fabulous job and always, always inspired with your creativity and sound understanding of how ingredients work together. I always smile when I see a new post from FOODalogue, knowing it will be a treat in every way.
    Victoria of Flavors of the Sun recently posted..Italian-Style Savory Spinach-Stuffed French ToastMy Profile

Five years blogging (just about) for me too. I think back sometimes on the journey and one of the first great memories I have was meeting you at the first FoodBuzz festival. We were all seated at a huge meandering table in a produce warehouse and I thought to myself, “I’ve found my tribe”. So thanks right back at ya! I too have developed special friendships right here. GREG

16. Congratulations Joan. 5 years – blogging is amazing and life changing isn’t it? *Chink* chink* and here’s to many more years of learning and giving and sharing.
    Kitchen Butterfly recently posted..On Pie: Baked and Dreamt ofMy Profile

17. Marie says:

Hi Joan, How did I miss your 5th Blogiversary? Sorry about that, I’m still getting used to my blog reader and sometimes I click on the wrong thing! Anyway congrats on 5 years, it’s amazing how time flies. One of the things I love about your blog is when you get together with your family. You are such a creative cook with no boundaries, love it!

18. Penny says:

My best to you Joan. You have been innovative from the very first. We bloggers are so much better for your presence among us. Although I don’t comment often, I am always aware of your contributions.