Breakfast Grilled Cheese

April 17, 2012 by Joan Nova in Bread, Pizza, Flatbreads, Breakfast + Brunch, Food Pairings, Marrying Flavors, Product Recommendations, Recipe Development | 30 Comments

Yum, yum, yum!

It’s an English Muffin

that smells like cornbread

and when stuffed with cheese

tastes like an Arepa.

This is NOT a sponsored post. Thomas’ doesn’t know I exist.

“Recipe”

1 corn English Muffin toasted
1 slice fresh mozzarella
sliced strawberries and blueberries
drizzle of honey and freshly ground black pepper on fruit*
2 chive halved and crossed
assemble and microwave 20 seconds to soften cheese and fruit

*Honey and black pepper … you can’t have one without the other! It is one of my favorite food pairings and I always do it on fruit, cheese, cream, etc.

1. Arlene says:

Grilled cheese is a go-to breakfast for me, but yours is really amped up. I’ll have to look for those corn muffins.
    Arlene recently posted..Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Spring VegetablesMy Profile

2. Oh my gosh. How cool. I love all the Thomas products since a kid. Your breakfast sandwich is amazing. Looks fresh, bright and yum.
    angela@spinachtiger recently posted..Meyer Lemon Shaker PieMy Profile

Now there’s a breakfast that’s quick and easy and perfect for workday mornings.

4. liz says:

Did not know Thomas’ had corn muffins. This breakfast looks great!

5. I always suspected you were my kinda gal, but this post confirms it. This is definitely my kind of breakfast! Looks wonderful. I so wish I had access to these muffins…may have to scout out a recipe to make them myself.
    Flavors of the Sun recently posted..Za’atar: A Taste of the Middle EastMy Profile

6. What a gorgeous breakfast!

7. Dorothy says:

What a perfect Joan combo.
    Good for breakfast or lunch.

I’ve been meaning to try a homemade English muffin recipe that I found a while back. I think I’ll have to dig it up and give it a go because I love the idea of this breakfast grilled cheese!
    Katie recently posted..7 Super Shots: Adventures in ArgentinaMy Profile

• Joan says:

Katie – Try it with corn flour or meal (I don’t know much about baking), but it’s the corn flavor that makes it really special.

I have a feeling Thomas will know you exist after this bit of inspired virtuosity! GREG
    sippitysup recently posted..I’d Rather Eat Chocolate-Dipped Chocolate Chip Cookies Than A Baseball MittMy Profile

10. I’ve never seen anything like this but it looks and sounds sooo good! I especially love that this is for breakfast since I’m trying to come up with fresh ideas for the am.
    the wicked noodle recently posted..spanikopitaMy Profile

11. I just showed this to Carla and she wants me to make it….
    Platanos, Mangoes and Me! recently posted..COD FISH, MY WAY – BACALAO, A MI MANERAMy Profile

12. Marie says:

Mmmm, I’ll have to hunt those down!
    Marie recently posted..Caprese Ravioli with Roasted Tomato Pesto SauceMy Profile

13. Ivy says:

It’s amazing how pepper and honey or pepper with chocolate pairs so well and love grilled cheese with fruit.
    Ivy recently posted..Anthotyro and Smoked Paprika Deconstructed Pastitsio with Eggless BechamelMy Profile

14. I can’t eat the strawberries, but I’ll take the blueberries :) What a delicious breakfast idea!

15. Simone says:

O that looks so good Joan! Love that you added strawberries to it..

16. Laz says:

This breakfast grilled cheese would get me out the bed. The berries is a smart touch.

17. Born27 says:

When I open your blog, the first word that pops out my mouth is WOW! This recipe looks so good. Kids and adults would surely love this. Delicious!
    Born27 recently posted..Audio TeleconferencingMy Profile

18. Myrrtle says:

I love strawberries and this looks perfect for my kids.. Thanks for the idea and the help..
    Myrrtle recently posted..Sharepoint HostingMy Profile

19. Ben says:

Hmmm corn muffins made with real corn. I’m in! Looks delicious.

20. katie says:

You are killing me here! I must make this ASAP! I’m all for arepas… so a homemade one for breakfast! AWESOME!

21. I had NO IDEA Thomas sold these lovelies. I’m off to the market to look and what an idea to serve a sweet ‘caprese style’ breakfast with fruit. Just lovely Joan :)

chow! Devaki @weavethousandflavors
    Devaki @ weavethousandflavors recently posted..Buttery Soft Lemon Lavender Short bread CookiesMy Profile

22. Ms Nova…you certainly know how to awaken the senses! What a gorgeous combo you have created here! And I must try that black pepper and honey!

23. Bren says:

i like the sound of it tasting like an arepa! Que rico. Must try.

24. Being a “continental” person, my breakfast is just a cup of coffee…but I consider breaking old habits…Amazing!
    Cristina, from BA to Paris recently posted..This Blog Might Be Dangerous….!!! Broccoli Flan, in Bagna Cauda SauceMy Profile

25. A corn flavored English muffin? I’m out of here and on the way to the store to find these. This southern gal loves her cornbread.
    Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen recently posted..Baked Chicken with Lemons and Olives – A Party-Worthy DishMy Profile

26. Heidi19 says:

I’m getting hungry for this delish looking Grilled Cheese. I’m so excited to try this. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Love it!
    Heidi19 recently posted..Arowana – a prized investment catch or …My Profile

27. I have never thought to put strawberries on a grilled cheese but it sounds so right!