Roasted Vegetables Parmigiana

March 21, 2012 by Joan Nova in 1-2-3 Quick + Easy Vegetable Meals, Italian, Vegetables | 18 Comments

If you liked my roasted broccoli post (and many of you did), you’ll love this one too! It’s sort of like lasagna … lasagna light! No pasta.

This the first time I made this dish, but certainly not the last! Next time I’ll do it in muffin molds for a neat presentation.

Whether as a stand-alone meal, a side dish, or layered with lasagna noodles, this is really simple to make and the taste is extraordinary.

The takeaway lesson is — roast your vegetables!

Roasted Vegetable Parmigiana

Ingredients
  • 2 cups broccoli and cauliflower florets
  • 1 cup grape tomatoes
  • garlic
  • olive oil
  • dry seasoning liberal dose (see FOODalogue mix in sidebar)
  • 8 thin slices fresh mozzarella
  • grated parmesan
How To
  1. Toss vegetables with oil and liberal amount of dry seasonings.
  2. Roast at 400 degrees for about ½ hour.
  3. Layer vegetables in casserole with grated cheese and mozzarella.
  4. Return to oven for about 15 minutes, last few under the broiler.

Note: FOODalogue suggests this recipe as a guide to food pairings and techniques to be experimented with…in your own kitchen…to your own spice and taste levels…and to your preferred portion sizes.

1. Liz says:

Always roast my veggies. This takes them to the next level. Thanks for a great idea!

2. Roasting veggies is THE way to go! Brings out so much flavor. What a wonderful way to showcase them!!
    the wicked noodle recently posted..layered greek hummus dipMy Profile

3. Of course this makes roasted veggies even better.
    angela@spinachtiger recently posted..Green Potato Soup for St. PatrickMy Profile

4. Loving the roasted veggie dishes Joan! The mozzarella and grated Parmesan make it just that little bit better!
    Peter G @ Souvlaki For The Soul recently posted..Photo Friday-Meet My SaviourMy Profile

5. Nothing like roasting your veggies and the addition of cheese makes this dish perfect.
    Platanos, Mangoes and Me! recently posted..VENEZUELAN BEEF RIB SOUP- SANCOCHO VENEZOLANOMy Profile

6. Ben says:

I’m loving it already! I can’t wait to try this too now that I’ve decided to go on a diet (uncontrollable laugh)
    Ben recently posted..An Introduction to BeansMy Profile

7. Another simple, yet inspired dish, Joan. I love it! Long a fan of roasted vegetables, I am always looking for a new way to use them. Great-looking as well!
    Flavors of the Sun recently posted..Homemade Chinese Duck Sauce with Mini Vegetarian SpringrollsMy Profile

8. Mmmmm – I’d actually like some pasta in there too! Getting out the mozzarella, some veg and a roasting tray right now.
    Sally – My Custard Pie recently posted..All in good taste?My Profile

Great idea for a quick weeknight meal. Roasted veggies with cheese? Yes, please. :)
    Katie recently posted..The Artwork of F. Molina CamposMy Profile

10. Ivy says:

Love roasted vegetables and the addition of parmesan and mozarella make them even better.
    Ivy recently posted..Vegan Borscht (Beet) SoupMy Profile

It sounds wonderful Joan and I love the light aspect of the whole dish.

Who wouldn’t love this?
    Lori Lynn recently posted..Eco-Friendly Teacher Appreciation LuncheonMy Profile

13. Few things I love more than roasted veggies so this one is a definite must do for me! I know I’ll gobble the whole lot and the grape tomatoes are wonderful in it :)

chow! Devaki @ weavethousandflavors
    Devaki @ weavethousandflavors recently posted..One Fish, Two Fish, Cold Fish ~ Sriracha Salmon Ceviche Towers with Garden Guacamole & Radish SproutsMy Profile

14. Foodafok says:

Very healthy and good food.

15. Rosa says:

A scrumptious dish and combination! I love the idea.

Cheers,

Rosa

16. This looks fantastic!! I love roasted veggies, topped with cheese has got to be just amazing!! Well done!
    Lacy @ NYCityEats recently posted..Potato Chip Pasta w/ Corn Crema & Crab Asparagus Salad – A 5 Star Makeover!My Profile

17. this is getting pinned to my “for the kiddo” section. cheese on anything will entice my little one!
    We Are Never Full recently posted..Spring Kick-Off: Fresh Fava Puree and Garlicky Sauteed Chicory (and a Lightroom 4 Giveaway)My Profile