Stuffed and Stewed Calamari (calamares rellenos y guisados)
I love this and you will too…if you’re a fan of calamari. It’s definitely a lick your chops kind of meal.
|Stuffed and Stewed Calamari (calamares rellenos y guisados)
- 6 cleaned calamari (tubes and tentacles)
- 12 ground almonds
- 12 golden raisins
- 2 cloves garlic minced (1 for stuffing, 1 for sauce)
- 1/2 cup wheat panko
- several tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- handful of minced parsley
- dry seasonings including Spanish Paprika, Red Chili Flakes, Saffron
- 1 potato diced
- fresh stringbeans
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- Mix panko, ground almonds, garlic, raisins, minced parsley, dry seasonings and a little olive oil.
- Fill tubes and close with toothpick.
- Sprinkle with Spanish paprika.
- Sear in olive oil in cast iron pan.
- Add tentacles, tomato sauce, wine, diced vegetables, dry seasonings, and wine.
- Bring to a boil and move to oven.
- Finish in 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
Finishing Touch: Toss in a capful of sherry vinegar and a handful of freshly minced parsley.
Note: FOODalogue suggests this recipe as a guide to food pairings and techniques to be experimented with…in your own kitchen…to your own spice and taste levels…and to your preferred portion sizes.
NOTE: Some recipes found on FOODalogue are offered without ingredient quantities. They're meant as a guide to food pairings and techniques to be experimented with … in your own kitchen … to your own spice and taste levels … to your preferred portion sizes … and to however many people you’re cooking for.
A perfect meal has multiple levels of flavor and textures, bright colors and tastes, and healthy(ish) choices. It's all about enjoyment. Enjoy the process, the presentation and the just rewards...eating!