Supper-time Hash and Eggs

October 9, 2011 by Joan Nova in 1-2-3 Quick + Easy Vegetable Meals, Breakfast + Brunch, Leftovers | 12 Comments

A little truffle salt and it’s good enough to pair with wine…I did!

When this simple recipe gets published, I will be on a 10-day trip to Tuscany. Yes, I’ll be drinking the Super Tuscans, eating everything that is put in front of me and taking photos to share when I return.

But before I left, there was so much to do, especially since I had just returned from a trip PR. It’s times like those when simple suppers fill the bill — and it’s a good way to clean out the refrigerator before leaving for the next trip.

4.0 from 1 reviews
Supper Hash and Eggs

Ingredients
  • potato
  • red onion
  • zucchini
  • mushroom
  • roasted pepper
  • grape tomatoes
  • crumbled bacon
  • salt + pepper (lots)
How To
  1. Dice all vegetables.
  2. Brown potatoes in skillet.
  3. Add cooked bacon and vegetables.
  4. Season.
  5. After a couple of minutes, cover and let steam complete internal cooking.
  6. Fry eggs and put them on hash.
  7. Finish with fresh parsley and truffle salt.

1. You sure do cook with a lot of color and I like it.
    angela@spinachtiger recently posted..Aretha Frankenstein’s Buttermilk Biscuits and Six Tips for Making Great BiscuitsMy Profile

2. Eleanor Hoh says:

Great way to use up what you have!

3. Buela says:

Yum…cannot wait to see what you cook up in Tuscany!

Enjoy

4. monica says:

OMG, what dishes, great pictures and super recipe. A perfect read. Cant wait to see what you bring interesting from Tuscany. All the best.
    monica recently posted..Physical Therapist AssistantMy Profile

5. This looks like the perfect breakfast! And that shot of that egg on top is oh so yummy!
    Russell at Chasing Delicious recently posted..Short & Sweet: Pecan-Whipped Cream CakeMy Profile

6. Joshua says:

Sometimes breakfast is better at dinner, like the twist of the flavoured salt.

I do love a good hash. Enjoy your trip in Italy Joan!!!We look forward to some photos and I Ate Italy posts!

8. Have fun with those super-Tuscans. I love them!
    Sally – My Custard Pie recently posted..How to eat crab – with chef Sam LeongMy Profile

9. What an excellent meal just befoe you whiz off on vaca. Luvin’ your pics on fb and can’t wait to hear all about your Italian adventure :)

chow! Devaki @ weavethousandflavors
    Devaki @ weavethousandflavors recently posted..Autumnal Pumpkin & Cranberry Drop Scones with Pumpkin, Spice & Maple ButterMy Profile

10. What? Lucky girl !!! Drink, drink, drink…that’s my advice ..Hic !!
    Can’t wait to see what you’ll tell us…By the way, this recipe is great for my family !!
    Cristina, from Buenos Aires to Paris recently posted..World Dulce de Leche Day: Lollipops, with DDL and Cheesecream Frosting !My Profile

11. Sippitysup says:

have an amazing trip. GREG

How did I miss this. hey I am coming over and you best make this for me…LOL
    norma recently posted..Carne Mechada – Puerto Rican Stuffed Pot RoastMy Profile