Out at Sea

June 3, 2011 by Joan Nova in Travel Retrospectives | 17 Comments

Food -or- Travel. I don’t know which I love more. Probably ‘travel’ because you still get to eat and often it’s exotic or, at the very least, different. Even when I worked full-time in the canyons of corporate America, I found a way to travel 3-4X a year. Now that I don’t have to clear scheduling with anyone but myself…

Travel List for first 6 months of 2011:
February, Puerto Rico √
April, Orlando for blogging conference √
May, New York √
June, family vacation cruise to Mexico, Costa Rica and Panama

I’m leaving a couple of tasty tidbits for readers, but may otherwise be incommunicado until I return. Hope the next week is smooth sailing for all of us!

Buen viaje amiguita and bring me a present ;}
    norma recently posted..Vote for Me! – Seashells and SunflowersMy Profile

I hope you enjoy your holiday immensely Joan. Have a few margaritas for me and take plenty of photos:D
    bellini recently posted..Cooking Light Gets Out of the Kitchen and onto the GrillMy Profile

3. Oh là là, don’t you need a chef for the boat? I can cook for you….
    Enjoy yourself!!! y hasta la vista, baby!!
    Cristina, from Buenos Aires to Paris recently posted..Vitello Tonnato- Naples- Pompeii &amp Tutti Quanti An Italian Moment-Part IIMy Profile

4. Joan I hope you and your family have the trip of a lifetime! Relax and enjoy.
    sandra axelrod recently posted..An All All-Clad DinnerMy Profile

5. Jerry says:

Sounds like an awesome adventure! I would love to trade places with you to go to all those various places :) Enjoy your trip Joan and btw nice blog.
    Jerry recently posted..Korean Stir Fry Fish Cakes Uh-Mook JorimMy Profile

6. Have a wonderful time on your travels, Joan!

Have a fabulous time with your family! We’ll be waiting for you when you return. :)
    Katie recently posted..Vote for Your Favorite Argentine Recipe!My Profile

8. Torwen says:

Enjoy and bring lots of cooking ideas with you :)
    Torwen recently posted..Travelling through Oxfordshire- Rollright Stone CircleMy Profile

9. Look forward to hearing your travel tales on your return.
    Sally – My Custard Pie recently posted..Peach melba custard tart – the perfect dateMy Profile

10. look forward to feedback about your trip and hope you enjoy :-)

11. So wonderful Joan – have a great time and keep traveling!! you take us places with you :)

chow! Devaki @ weavethousandflavors
    Devaki @ weavethousandflavors recently posted..A whole lotta less Spinach &amp Ricotta Spanakopita PieMy Profile

12. Enjoy your time away Joan…
    Peter G @ Souvlaki For The Soul recently posted..Photo Friday-The Mortar and PestleMy Profile

13. Joan!
    I love to travel as much as you do – but just don’t have your bank account! Oh, I know – everything is relative, and it is all about choice. But, soon I hope to be living your life. I really cannot complain, though. This is the first year in many that we didn’t get to Europe in the Spring. And, we are going in the fall… I just haven’t got around this year like I usually do, so I am being a bit of a baby. However, I must say I am quite happy to live vicariously through you, as you get to places I may never get to. You live in Florida, and I am not sure I will ever get there. I would like to, but there are so many other places. When you wrote a while back that you lived and worked in corporate NYC for a big part of your life, I wondered what it was that found you in Florida after that. A friend? A relative? A transfer… or, just a choice? And, I think most vacation spots for you are warmer. I might be wrong, but that is what I seem to recall. A beach or boat vacation is not anywhere near the top of my list. I cannot wait to hear all about this trip. What you saw, ate, and did! What fun to be foot loose and fancy free… ENJOY!
    Valerie
    A Canadian Foodie recently posted..Ox Tail Soup- A Matriarcal Family Prairie Tradition from the 1800′sMy Profile

14. Jonny says:

I’m going to agree and for the exact same reason – you do still get to eat while you’re traveling. It’s also worth mentioning that you can eat, probably not very well, but you can eat all the same, at work, and as a wise man once told me, the worst day of vacation beats the best day of work. Buen viaje!

15. Delishhh says:

I wish i could travel all the time. I love to. I think i have told you before since you also went there but Thailand is my favorite destination. Recently i went on my first cruise – and probably on my last. I see that you are going on a cruise. have you been before? If not i wrote a peice on it here: http://delishhh.com/2011/05/22/20-reasons-why-cruising-is-not-for-me/
    Delishhh recently posted..Green Tea and Lemon SorbetMy Profile

16. Have fun Joan………….love the itinerary
    Kitchen Butterfly recently posted..My Favourite Things – Spotlight On Me!My Profile

17. Anamaris says:

Can’t wait to read the travel report(s)!