Culinary Tour Around the World • Thailand • Blogger Round-Up

February 16, 2011 by Joan Nova in Asian, Blogging, Culinary Tour Around the World, Food Challenge | 16 Comments

A couple of bloggers who started the journey with us didn’t show up for this stop on the tour. I’m surprised because Thai food is pretty well-known and appreciated across the world. But don’t despair. Those that did show up were really creative and provided an excellent representation of the flavors of Thailand.

Note: I toyed with the idea of canceling Egypt because I didn’t want to be seen as trivializing current events, but what better way for food bloggers to show solidarity than to showcase the food? Plus, we all have to eat so we’ll meet you next week at the pyramids.

Meantime, here’s the blogger round-up for Thailand. Enjoy!

Val of More Than Burnt Toast in Vancouver made Thai Herb Sliders that were hot-sour-salty-and-sweet!

Angela of Ackyart in Rome made a very attractive Tom Kha Goong, a traditional soup with Thai ingredients.

Oz of Kitchen Butterfly in The Netherland made her own Sirracha Sauce and posted some beautiful photos of the process.

Norma of Platanos, Mangoes and Me! in NY made a Tom Yum soup with tofu and a roasted chicken with Thai flavors.

And how about some Thai fishcakes with spicy cucumber relish from Sally of My Custard Pie in Dubai?

In case you missed it, here’s FOODalogue’s Thai Green Curry with Beef.

And, Cinzia from Cindystar in Lake Garda, IT, arrived just is time to serve up a delicious dessert to cool off all the spices of the other dishes. Here’s her mango sorbet.

Next Stop: Egypt, on or about February 20

Blogger Round-Up: February 23

Great post. Thanks for posting both. See you in Egypt!

2. Angela says:

Ciao Joan lovely round up, we have more than a complete menu here! I think the same about solidarity with Egypt so…see you there!

3. Thai food is one of my absolute favorite cuisines. Can I stop by and try each and every one of these?

4. Lovely round up – Thai food is hot on my list though Japan is seriously taking over

5. Kristina says:

Hi, I’m so sorry but I have not found an inspiration for Thailand
    but I promise that I will be present in Egypt.
    Congratulations for the round up, very nice recipe. Bye bye Kris

6. Torwen says:

Lovely round up, but I see, the vegetarian input is definitely missing :) (thanks Cindy for stepping into the breach!)
    I’ve been lying down with the flue and fever and all … I just didn’t have the energy to cook anything :( sorry guys

Thai food has been one of those mysteries to me but from what I have been reading once you understand it it is very simple to duplicate in our own kitchens with few necessary exotic ingredients. This was another excellent leg of our journey Joan. Thanks for taking us to Thailand.

I’m a huge fan of Thai food, and it’s definitely one of the ethnic cuisines that I miss the most living here in Argentina. I’m especially interested in learning how to make my own Sriracha sauce. Off I go!

9. Great Thai dishes here! I wish I made my shrimp dish sooner, just posted it today :(

10. Brii says:

you are all so creative!!
    fantastic round up, many inspiring dishes!
    I love travelling with you Joan (even if it is only sitting and drooling over all dishes).
    baciusss
    brii

11. Maria says:

Delicious! Love Thai but rarely make it at home (I think I may have tried once to be completely honest).

12. redkathy says:

Thanks for sharing this exclusive, invigorating, and oh so delicious tour! Never disappointed.

13. What a great round-up Joan. I love Thai food, but don’t make it at home as much as I should. I’m so glad you didn’t cancel Egypt.

Hi Joan – I like this round-up, everything here looks delicious. I want one of Val’s sliders!
    And am off to go see how to make the hot sauce…

15. I love every dish that has platanos! Here in Miami platanos are our daily bread. Mt favorite ones are the ones Cuban style!

1. [...] Joan has taken us to Panama, Alaska, Turkey, Japan and next we are off to Egypt. Foodalogue has a delicious round-up of other recipes inspired by this virtual [...]