Biscotti 101 • Wordless Wednesday

December 14, 2010 by Joan Nova in Baking, Desserts, Wordless Wednesday | 18 Comments

How could I be wordless? This was my first foray into making biscotti…2 kinds with whole wheat flour (1) hazelnuts, choc chips, figs and (2) rosemary, pistachio, fennel, dried cherries and a dusting of sweet onion sugar (preferred). Flavors = good; execution = needs improvement.

1. Brave, very brave. I am not a baker either. They look good to me. Love your combinations.

2. Yum! Some hot tea and all is good.

3. doggybloggy says:

good wordless job! I want something to dunk them in now….

Cute shirt. Snazy hair style. You look great! And you baked! Biscotti of all things. You really know how to jump in with both feet and take on a challenge. I leave biscotti up to my Ma, she is the pro at it. You know I would never have the patience to “twice bake” I can’t wait to see what you bake next. Are you enjoying it?

5. Foodiewife says:

I just learned how to make biscotti at a class. I can’t wait to have time to make it again. Nice combo you made– sweet & savory, eh?

6. Arlene says:

Love biscotti or mandelbrot or any name that describes these delicious treats. Your combinations, particularly the savoury, are inspired.

Good for you Joan you are really taking your resolution to do more baking to heart.

8. brii's Mac says:

you’re great joan!
    I love making biscotti!
    beautiful pics!
    baciusss
    brii

9. Rich says:

That does look like some great biscotti! I’ll look forward to some more words on it, perhaps?

10. Dorothy says:

Good job. The combinations sound delicious. Can’t wait to taste them.

A good start for baking but you have to be tight with ingredients then freestyle with your flavours…keep at it, Senora! ;)

We have become a baker…so proud of you…you look cool in the T and if you are a true friend you will mail me some of those for Christmas…

13. Lynda says:

I love the flavor combination of number 2!

14. The savory biscottis sound fantastic!

Btw, I recognize that shirt ;-)

15. Love the t-shirt and hair do! Oh! and I also like the flavors you created Joan. Keep at it…I want to see some pics.

16. Biscotti was one of the first things I ever baked that looked exactly like the picture in the book. I was thrilled since I’m not much of a baker.

Love the t-shirt Joan.

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Joan Nova, kathleen. kathleen said: Biscotti 101 • Wordless Wednesday @foodalogue bakes woo hoo! http://bit.ly/dXRqey [...]