FoodBuzz Festival 2010 • Farewell Brunch • People Pics

November 11, 2010 by Joan Nova in Blogging, Events | 18 Comments

This is the last post in the FoodBuzz Festival 2010 series. I took hundreds of photos, met lots of interesting, smart and talented people, and I consumed a gazillion calories! Here’s a peek at the farewell brunch which was sponsored by Nature’s Pride in a private room in the Sir Francis Drake Hotel — and some people shots.

Next year…I propose to stop eating and drinking for at least a half hour at each event and take more people and/or cleverly-themed, non-food photographs. I may even be toting a new camera.

Still to come: I ATE San Francisco (the foods and places I ate in outside the Festival). Could you believe there’s more?

Brunch

People
I missed Peter G, Jenn + Roberto, Peter + Christy, Lori Lynn and Mary (Giz) with whom I shared a good time at the first Festival. But it was great to spend time with friends like Norma, Angela, Greg and Val – and to make quite a few new ones (too many to single out).

TS + JS, the Eating Club Vancouver blogging sisters.

Whitney, Ashley and Lew

Gina, me, Lisa

A few random shots:

See also: The First Day, The Second Day (workshops, tasting, gala)

1. It was such a foodfest Joan. I wish i could have made it to the brunch, sure would have beaten a scone at the airport at 8:30 AM, but hey maybe I didn’t need the extra calories:D

Thanks for the photo report, I will try (again) to go next year.

If I go, I will try/sample everything and just wear buffet pants!

3. So glad to be able to meet you in person! Only wished there were more hours in the day! Hope I get to see you again next year too, and your muffins were delish!
    -Gina-

4. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed your posts on the festival Joan. And I missed you too!

5. Ben says:

Like Peter, I’ll try again to go next year, hehe. Great photos You really knew how to capture this amazing event.

6. gail says:

Wow! That looks like such a great time.

7. Joan it was a pleasure meeting you in person. I wished you were available for the Natures Pride Bread Ambassador Photos. And I just remembered that I didn’t put up your photo on my recap. I’m going to revise now. Hope to meet again soon!

8. Monica H says:

Hi Joan,

I had such a great time this past weekend. It was nice meeting you!

~Monica H
    Lick The Bowl Good

I had a great time rooming with you and taking the town by storm…I am still in pain from all the walking, but I would not trade it for the world…2011 here we go….

10. Biz says:

Love the recap – wish I could have been there, but my damn daughter wanted to go to college this year – hee hee!

Hopefully I’ll make it next year.

11. Thanks for sharing the photo of us, yours is much better than I got! I can’t believe how fast you got all these posts up, I’m still going through stuff!
    -Gina-

12. Great pics, what an awesome experience! I would love to go next year!

Yikes! Too many Greg pics… GREG

14. I know what you mean about eating too much. I seriously, ate so much less this week. I was still stuffed.

Thanks for your sweet friendship. It’s always fun seeing you.

15. I would’ve liked to see your demo at the Tasting Pavilion. But, in any case, it’s great to finally meet you face to face! =D

16. Joan, really enjoyed your recap of Foodbuzz festival! Terrific photos, thanks for sharing everything!

Terrific photos Joan – really captures the camaraderie.
    Father Adam and I missed you too!

18. Hi Joan. I’m so happy I got a chance to meet you at the last brunch — Wish I was there right now! Until next year, I’ll be seeing you around Foodbuzz and the web. Keep up the great blogging. :)