Calamari + Spinach Risotto w/Gremolata

October 26, 2010 by Joan Nova in Quick Peeks, Rice/Risotto, Seafood | 11 Comments

With this post, I’m initiating a new series called “quick peeks”. It’s sort of the Cliff Notes of food blogging…a photo or two, abbreviated dialogue, and keywords to pique interest and perhaps inspire.Risotto, baby calamari and spinach cooked in an absolutely delicious broth made from mirepoix, white wine, lemon, red chili flakes, garlic, capers, green olives, evoo.
Topped with gremolata of fresh parsley, lemon rind, minced garlic.

I bought this pretty spoon in the airport in Brazil. As soon as I saw it, the food blogger in me kicked in and I said to myself...the perfect bite. You’ll probably see it again as I seek out the perfect bite.

1. Nice feature Joan! I love that spoon and the risotto!

2. Love it and LOVE this risotto. It’s got everything I love.

3. Eleanor Hoh says:

OOh, I like both calamari and risotto, nice combo Joan. I am also posting smaller ‘peeks’ as you say. Training myself not to get too deep.

So, is this where I leave half…

It is 6 AM and already I am craving seafood and a lovely creamy risotto.I look forward to getting together in a few short weeks Joan.

So creamy…perfection.

7. This dish looks amazing! The flavours must be heavenly!

8. Absolutely brilliant flavour combinations. You have a gift!!!!

9. Anamaris says:

I shouldn’t read your blog near lunch hour. Now I have food envy and all that’s available is our sucky cafeteria!

10. Marie says:

Short and sweet, love the idea!

1. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Joan Nova and Joan Nova, kathleen. kathleen said: Quick Peeks • Calamari + Spinach Risotto w/Gremolata Great concept, beautiful view! http://bit.ly/cyG3iO […]