A Taste of Spain

August 14, 2010 by Joan Nova in Spanish/Tapas | 16 Comments

Chorizo, garbanzos y grelos. Simple seasonings of garlic and oregano. Es muy bueno!

1. Delicioso, Joan :)

Devaki@weavethousandflavors

2. Nathan says:

lol. I would’ve sauteed onion, garlic, and tomato in olive oil and add it to the cocido or potaje with some Pimenton dulce. or boil with garlic n onion.

im sure it was good though :D

• Joan says:

There is so much flavor in the chorizo (pimenton included) that it doesn’t need anything though I did include garlic and oregano for the garbanzos and broccoli rabe. Pricking the sausage so that the juices (and fat) ran out as it cooked flavored everything perfectly. I did the chorizo and garbanzos in the oven and the greens stove top, adding them to the cazuela a little before it was ready to come out of the oven so it too benefitted from the juices. P.S. I rarely boil anything.

Que viva Espana. It’s only 10:45 AM and I want that for breakfast…lovely.

4. I would happily follow you to Spain in your kitchen Joan.

5. Bren says:

More, more y mas garbanzo beans!!!

6. Entiendo y te gusto mucho! Looks sensational!

7. elra says:

Drooling at that chorizo and garbanzo Joan!

8. Aurora Gil says:

Yum! Flavors of home!

Tia

9. Ben says:

Ya se me hizo agua la boca!

10. Perfectly delicious! Love chorizo!

11. What a beautiful meal! YUM. Love chorizo!
    Valerie

12. Erica says:

This looks delicious, Joan! Love chorizo and garbanzo!

13. Bren says:

Oh! Lord knows I love me some garbanzos, in all forms, really! I’ll pass on the chorizo, sausage, etc.. (which we actually add sometimes to ours–well traditionally speaking), but I’ll eat all around it!

14. isn’t it awesome how sometimes the dishes with just a few ingredients pack so much flavor!? Love everything about this dish. It’d be even better with a soft boiled egg on top.

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Joan Nova, Joan Nova. Joan Nova said: A Taste of Spain in Your Mouth http://goo.gl/fb/DlzpB [...]