This Month’s Best Food Post (formerly This Week’s Best Food Post)

May 27, 2009 by Joan Nova in This Month's Best Food Post | 15 Comments

Yes, I know the month is not over, but it’s close enough. First of all, you’re all doing great work! I knew when I changed this event from once a week to once a month it was going to make narrowing the field down to one very difficult. So, until I can muster up the discipline to do just that, I have to give a shout out to a few others for their originality and great execution. I’ve made a mental note to try each of these one day.

Kalofagas:  Parsley Salad

But the one that really sung out to me and that I know I will try (in some form or another) is Vegan Yum-Yum’s Rustic Bread-Eggplant-Lasagne. What can I tell you? I’m just a sucker for carbs, especially Italian ones!

• • • End of Public Service Announcement • • •

1. 5 Star Foodie says:

Thanks so much for the shout out!

The rustic bread lasagne looks very neat, will check it out too.

2. Peter M says:

Joan, my dear…thanks for the shout out…you have a good for for good food.

Happy cooking and don’t hit anyone with that rolling pin!

3. we are never full says:

now this is a PSA i can listen to (ok, read). that bread lasagna looks very very interesting. good wrap-up. even when you try to do a monthly thing it gets difficult sometimes (our drink of the month and monthly giveaway doesn’t always end up being a monthly thing – life gets in the way!).

Joan you can really pick them. I saw Peter’s dip which sounds great but those candied tomatoes sound fantastic. Thanks for the round up of yummies!

5. Megan says:

That bread lasagna looks mighty tasty! A must make! And the parsley salad and candied tomatos are already on my must try list!

6. alice says:

Your lasagna looks awesome! And I’m loving your picture with the rolling pin.

7. Mike says:

Thank you! I’m flattered and I really hope you enjoy it when you get to try it out. Paella’s quickly becoming one of my favorite go-to meals.

8. Bellini Valli says:

Some amazing choices Joan:D

9. Mamaliga says:

Lovely! Rustic bread lasagna?!?!?

Love the fact that Lolo recommends sourdough bread for this. Great big crumb slices make this one a winner!

Gabi.

10. Ben says:

Oh wow! All those dishes look amazing. It would be so difficult for me to narrow it to one every month, I’d go crazy just tyring to pick one, LOL

11. JennDZ - The Leftover Queen says:

Wow that does look lovely Joan! I really love this event! And that photo of you is so great – talk about one fierce lady!

12. brii says:

ciaooooo joan!!
    you’re great! :))))
    me too love carbs…from any country! :)))
    have a nice week end
    baciusssss

13. nora@ffr says:

joan.. this dish sound addictive.. a must try :) keep it up..
    cheers!!

14. Maria says:

Great choices, and you’re right: that bread lasagne looks amazing!

15. Sara says:

That lasagna looks so interesting, will definitely have to check it out.