This Week’s Best Food Post

April 13, 2009 by Joan Nova in This Month's Best Food Post, Vegetables | 11 Comments

(in my opinion)

I’m announcing a new event called This Week’s Best Food Post which, as I write this, is still in a nascent stage. Like many of you, there are lots of blogs in my Google Reader and I get quite a few via email as well. I scan them all – stopping here and there to read on or leave a comment. So I thought it would be fun to announce each week the one that most piqued my interest. Blogging, I’ve learned, is a lot about community and I’m hoping this event will have a twofold benefit: (1) to pass on some really good stuff you may have missed and (2) to perhaps help promote another blogger (whether they need or it not). Consider it in foodspeak ‘just desserts’ for a job done well.

I’m thinking weekly. I’m thinking no criteria…sometimes I’ll add a comment and sometimes I’ll just provide a link; some ‘winners’ will be based on creative cuisine, others for writing style or for photography – whatever speaks to me. Don’t forget, it’s IMO. And, it could be anyone from Mark Bittman of The New York Times…to you!

Coming soon.

1. Bellini Valli says:

Sounds like a fun idea Joan and a way to get more information:D

2. brii says:

joan…allways one step forward!
    yes yes..I like this!!
    of course I consider this a way to get to know other bloggers, to learn new things and to stay in touch with you.
    it is not a competion is it?
    I had enough of competious people in my life!
    count on me!
    baciuss

3. Joan Nova says:

I didn’t rest for very long, did I? No, it’s not a competition. I will probably just select one post at a time to spotlight. We’ll see how it goes.

4. Joe Smith says:

Congratulations! This blog has been linked to as a part of the ProBlogger 31 Days to Build a Better Blog challenge.

5. Maria says:

That’s a great idea Joan–you’re right; this is all about community and your idea is a great way to highlight that! Look forward to reading up on your favorite posts!

6. elly says:

Sounds like a great idea!

7. Núria says:

He, he… you are now in the blogging stratosphere! Dear JOan, nothing can stop you ugh?
    A great idea darling :D

8. Ben says:

Oh that is a good idea. I have been entertaining a similar idea for awhile, but I haven’t find the time or inspiration for it. I’ll follow this closely :-p

9. 5 Star Foodie says:

Great idea! Looking forward to these posts!

10. Michelle says:

Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing which posts you choose. :)

11. Cindystar says:

Oh Joan… I supposed you could not stay quite for long!
    Great idea and as you write:
    “no criteria… whatever speaks to me…” Sure we will learn also more about you and all other bloggers as well!
    Which day of the week will your IMO be on line?
    Baci!