Thanksgiving. In photos. Few Words.

November 28, 2008 by Joan Nova in Family-Size Meals, Fotologue, Holidays, Party Menus | 11 Comments

Thanksgiving is celebrated at my sister’s house…she’s a good cook too and a great hostess. Yesterday we were, I think, 18 people. I was too busy photographing and eating the food so, sadly, I only managed to capture 4 people.

The welcoming pig chef who announces the occasion.

Tablescape: Note the kiddie table covered with brown paper and crayons.

Some of the appetizers: pumpkin-pesto pizza pinwheel; guava paste, boursin cheese & almonds, and the star of the show a baked pumpkin cheese fondue.

Some of the sides: mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts & chestnuts,
carrots, and fennel, arugula and pomegranate salad.

mmmm…stuffing and gravy

Deep dish apple pie by Jim; store bought pumpkin pie;

pumpkin cookies by Teri; fruit salad by Carolyn.

And a few of the people we are thankful for:

Nina and Michael

Nico and Adriana

Hope you all had a wonderful day…don’t forget Blogger’s Aid which is fighting world famine.

1. Gloria Chadwick says:

Looks like you had a wonderful feast.

2. Ivy says:

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!! I loved the idea of the kid’s table. It must have kept them happy! The dishes look great! Are you going to post any of them?

3. FOODalogue: Meandering Meals and Travels says:

I posted it on Blogger Aid and FoodBuzz.

4. Pam says:

What a lovely meal you had. The children’s table is adorable and a great idea.

5. Núria says:

What a wonderful spread Joan!!!!! I love to see the table set and the porky announcing the feast!
    The dishes look amazing :D. I think you managed very well ;D

Happy ThanksGiving, dear♥

6. Mike of Mike's Table says:

Oh wow that’s a heck of a spread! Glad you had a great (and obviously very delicious) holiday! I would have rolled out the door fat and happy after that

7. Jan says:

Oooh yummy yum yum! All that food looks so lovely!
    Thanks for stopping by at my blog -yours is great!!

Joan! What a wonderful feast you had. So many blessings for sure. I loved the idea of your kiddie table and all your photos are so inviting and warm. Can’t wait to see your Christmas!!

9. Maria says:

That was a beautiful Thanksgiving spread!

10. Bren says:

hola Joan. What a great feast and adorable children! NOw, what’s in your stuffing! My mom didn’t let me make the one I really wanted to, which had smoked turkey, celery, apples, dried cranberries and cornbread!!! Next year for sure! Oh, and we always do a kids table!

11. Olga says:

Those roll ups look very cute.

I feel the same way about traveling, cooking, photography, etc. I agree that sometimes it’s really hard to make a choice….I’ve been trying to make that choice for 7 years now.