The Feast of Little Italy

November 9, 2008 by Joan Nova in Fotologue, Travel Retrospectives | 9 Comments

…South Florida style.

Impromptu street corner do-wop (play audio)

A Sample of T-Shirts

A Sample of The Food Scene

Sausage & Peppers Washed down by Italian Beer

Stuffed Rice Ball

Everything tastes better with sauce!

Cooking Demos

Sweet Endings
Looking down the bag of powder-sugared zeppoles

Honey Balls

1. Peter M says:

Mama Mia…you guys even got a hold of Perroni beer!

I love arancini and it’s fitting that this street food made an appearance.

2. Maryann says:

That sausage and pepers looks awesome!! Loved the doo-wop guys ;)

3. JennDZ - The Leftover Queen says:

DROOL, Drool, drool.
    Peroni is Roberto’s favorite! We actually are sharing a bottle right now! ;)

4. We Are Never Full says:

god bless being italian american! us italians know how to party – street style!

5. Núria says:

Grazie tanti!!! Don’t know if it’s written this way ;D

Thanks for sharing the feast! Italians know what eating is about, don’t they? I’m with Maryann, that sausage bocadillo looks delicious!

What a party! I’m looking at that sausage with peppers!

7. Holler says:

What great fun! I felt like I was there with you :)

8. Karen says:

I was introduced to stuffed rice balls when I saw it made from scratch on ‘Diners, Driver-Ins, and Dives’ on the Food Network last week. The place featured was an authentic ‘mom and pop’ Italian restaurant establishment. My mouth was instantly salivating, just as it is now from looking at the food pictures in this post! Thanks for sharing.

I would love to make rice balls some day they look so good to me! Thanks for the Italian tour, looks delicious!